How to Use the Customize Module – Adding Language Versions
(Applicable users: admins)
Getting started with the Customize Module
After you have completed and published the English language version of your customized assessment, you may create one or more language versions. Anything you want to customize in the translated version must first be customized in the English version. The analytics and automation tabs are only available in the English version. These are completed in the English version and carry over to any translated versions.
Note: The translations to other languages need to be in the language in which your assessors are trained
Creating Customized Assessments in Other Languages
- Click the +New language version button in the top-right of the Edit assessment screen, then select a language from the drop-down menu. A new language tab will appear next to the English tab.
The small circle in the top-right of the language tab indicates whether the language is published or unpublished. If the circle is green, that language version is published; a grey circle means the language is not published can be edited.
Editing: Unpublish a language version to make edits. Participants invited to the platform after the custom assessment is re-published will have the changes applied, any invited before unpublishing or invited while the custom assessment is unpublished will see the previous version’s information.
- Basic Information tab: Click + Add translation in the Translation column and enter the translation of the original assessment name. Press Enter on your keyboard to save your translation. If you want to use the English assessment name in the translated version, copy-and-paste it into the +Add translation field. Notice that the partner/client and base simulation carry over from the English version of the customized assessment, and cannot be altered in the alternative language version.
- Behaviors tab: In the behaviors tab, you must add equivalent translations for any behaviors/definitions you customized in the English version by clicking on the blue +Add translation fields, typing in your translation, and then pressing Enter on your keyboard. Notice that any behaviors/definitions you did not customize in the English version are greyed out and unclickable. The greyed-out behaviors/definitions will default to the translation we have on file for that behavior and definition, not English. We have an inventory of the behaviors/definitions in the language version in the back-end, so the platform will pull from that inventory.
- Strategies tab: Add translations in the Strategies tab. If you do not enter translations, the strategies will default to English.
- Publish your language version.
Now that you’ve entered custom translations, any of this assessment’s reports generated in the new language version will show these translations. If you download the English version of the same report, it will show the custom labels and definitions you entered in the English version.
To make edits to a language version, click the unpublish switch. Participants invited to the platform after the custom assessment is re-published will have the changes applied, any invited before unpublishing or invited while the custom assessment is unpublished will see the previous version’s information.
Some items cannot be edited in the English version after it is published for the first time. For example, which behaviors you selected as default, and which analytics reports are available to which user-type.