Reducing Leader Turnover with Scalable, Personalized, Skill-Based Development
A large urban school district partnered with Pinsight to address a renewed focus on excellence in leadership as the key driver to achieve their organizational goals.
This school district is one of the fastest-growing urban school districts in the United States and is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student by providing great schools in every neighborhood. Their organizational mission is to provide all learners with equal opportunities to gain the knowledge, skills, and abilities for continued success.
To achieve that mission, the organization focused on a strategy to ensure leaders were effective, engaged, and committed to the organizational mission. The primary needs for leadership development was to scale intervention for many leaders simultaneously while delivering tailored plans personalized to each person that was focused on developing leadership skills rather than just knowledge.
Here are some of our top findings from our partnership with this school district:
The institution needed to identify a leadership development solution that:
- Was easy to implement quickly and at scale across multiple schools throughout the districtt;
- Provided both highly personalized insights and individualized leadership development plans; and
- Improved performance by developing leaders’ ability to deliver results and lead people.
The organization partnered with Pinsight to design and deploy a 3-month leadership development program that:
- Incorporated Pinsight’s virtual assessment center with 24/7 online access, enabling efficient administration and easy access for employees.
- Provided evidence-based reports detailing leaders’ personality, potential, current strengths, and their readiness to lead the organization.
- Implemented exercises to improve leadership skills that were tailored to each leader’s unique personality and learning style.
Leaders who participated in the Pinsight program showed 43% lower turnover compared to the average turnover rate across all employees in the institution, citing:
- An increase in their leadership confidence and effectiveness.
- Enhanced engagement in their role.
- A sense of connectedness to the mission and goals of the organization.
Additionally, leaders who participated in the Pinsight program had 14% higher engagement compared to the engagement of all other employees. Further, they experienced a 20-point increase in leader effectiveness scores across the organization.
Want to learn more about how Pinsight can help you decrease turnover, increase leader effectiveness, and increase engagement? Fill out our Get Started form and we’ll be in touch!‹ Previous Post