How to Use the Customize Module – Copying
Use the Copy button in the customize module to make an exact duplicate of any custom assessment.
Encountered a problem? scroll down to the Troubleshooting section of this article.
How to Copy a Custom Assessment
1. Click Copy in the main Customize Module table in the actions column.
2. In the New Assessment screen, edit the assessment’s name and partner/client drop-downs, then click Create assessment.
*The based on simulation drop-down cannot be edited even after copying.
3. You are redirected to the Edit assessment screen. The copy is created, unlocked, and can be edited by any admin in your account.
4. Publish the completed copy to invite participants.
- The first time you publish any assessment, certain items lock and cannot be edited even after unpublishing. Make sure you quality assure the custom assessment before clicking the publish switch for the first time.
Reminder: A copied custom assessment is an entirely new custom assessment. It does not replace the original, so the copy will appear as an additional assessment in the drop-downs when inviting participants to the platform and when selecting reports to view in the Analytics section of the platform.
1. Problem: I can’t uncheck default behaviors after copying.
Solution: Check the strategies tab. Remove the applicable behavior from the strategies to unlock the checkbox in the behaviors tab.
2. Problem: I checked a new default behavior, but cannot add a custom label translation in the language tab.
Solution: You must first add custom labels in the English version. Click on the behaviors tab in the English version, add labels, and then return to the language tab to enter the translations.
3. Problem: The original client no longer exists in the app.pinsight.com platform, can I still make a copy?
Solution: Yes, after copying you may select a new client. Alternatively, select “none” in the client drop-down to assign the custom assessment to your own partner account.
4. Problem: I can’t click the publish button.
Solution: It’s possible that the base simulation is unpublished for editing. If the base simulation is one of your own created in the SimManager, check that the English version is published. If the base simulation is a Pinsight simulation, please contact support using the chat.