How to Use the Customize Module – Adding Language Versions
After you have completed and published the English language version of your customized assessment, you may create one or more language versions.
Instructions – Adding a New Language
1. Click Customize.
2. Click Edit next to a customized assessment that already has an English language version published.
3. Click the +Add new language button and select a language from the drop-down. A new language tab will appear.
4. Add translations in the basic information, behaviors, and strategies tabs.
- Basic information – required.
- Behaviors – required if the behavior was customized in English. Notice that any behaviors/definitions you did not customize in the English version are greyed out and unclickable. The greyed-out behaviors/definitions will default to the translation we have on file for that behavior and definition, not English. We have an inventory of the behaviors/definitions in the language version in the back-end, so the platform will pull from that inventory.
- Strategies – if you do not enter translations in this tab, it will default to English.
5. Click the Publish button.
Instructions – Editing
1. In the language tab, click the Publish button to unpublish the language version.
2. Edit the translations.
3. Click the Publish button. Participants invited to the platform after the assessment is re-published will have the changes applied, any invited before unpublishing or invited while the custom assessment is unpublished will see the previous version’s information.
- Some things cannot be edited in the English version after it is published for the first time. For example, which behaviors you selected as default, which analytics reports are available to which user-type, and the number of strategies. To get around this, you can make a copy of the custom assessment. The copy is treated like it’s own, separate assessment.
- The analytics and automation tabs are only available in the English version. These carry over to any translated versions.