How do I check my webcam?
- Go to the top of the simulator dashboard and click on the Contacts menu.
- Select any contact and click the telephone icon or the Click the Call link to make a call.
- You should see yourself in the lower right corner of the pop-up window and hear a voicemail greeting
- This is how the webcam feature works for participants during both practice mode and the live simulation. In both instances, no one will answer or return your calls.
- The only interactive calls during the live simulation the ones indicated on the Video Call Schedule in your Files section or those where you receive a simulator email notification.
My webcam is not working during practice mode.
- Try any/all of the below and then leave another voicemail message:
- Refresh your browser (Control F5 on a PC or Command R on a Mac).
- Clear browsing history/cookies from your web browser.
- Make sure you have the most up-to-date browser version. (Chrome, Firefox)
- Launch app.pinsight.com from different browser (Chrome, Firefox, or the latest version of Edge).
- Launch app.pinsight.com again in an new Incognito window (Chrome) or New Private Window (Firefox)
- Click on Chrome Settings (Three dots on the top right) or Click on Firefox Settings (Three stacked lines on the top right)
- Select New Incognito Window (Chrome) or Select New Private Window (Firefox) and relaunch app.pinsight.com.
- It is possible that your company’s VPN/firewall is blocking the webcam. Use a different type of internet connection. If another connection is not possible, please contact your company representative.
I use multiple monitors or a docking station and my webcam is not working.
- Click on Chrome Settings (Three dots on the top right) or Click on Firefox Settings (Three stacked lines on the top right).
- Your cursor will land in the Search field at the top of the window that opens up, search for Camera.
- Scroll down to Content Settings and click Camera.
- In the window next window that opens, click the dropdown list to make sure the correct camera is selected.
- Lastly, if you see app.pinsight.com listed in the Blocked sites, delete it from the list and leave another video voicemail.
- When the Allow or Deny button pops up, please click Allow.
I use a docking station and my webcam is not working.
• Make sure your laptop is open and leave another message. If the webcam still doesn’t work, complete these steps: link back to #2 above.
My webcam is not working during the live simulation.
- If only the audio portion of the call connects, proceed with the call.
- If neither the audio nor video connects, refresh your browser once and our caller will try again via the platform.
- If the call doesn’t connect, the caller will call you on the telephone.
- Ensure your telephone’s ringer is turned on and answer the incoming call.
- Note: A telephone call is equivalent to a video call – your simulation results will not be impacted if the call is audio only.