Simulation Checklist & Instructions
(Applicable users: participants)
Congratulations on being selected to complete the Pinsight® virtual simulation. We hope you enjoy the experience.
During the timed live simulation, you will play the role of the new leader at a fictitious organization. No industry-specific or technical knowledge is needed; the focus is on your leadership skills. In the Files section in your simulator, you will find more information about the fictitious organization and your role. These files are available to you during practice mode and also during the live simulation.
It is important to note that during the simulation you will not receive any responses to your calls/emails; therefore, you should formulate your own responses without waiting for input from others.
The practice mode and the live simulation take place on the same website, app.pinsight.com. A 15-minute countdown timer will begin before your scheduled live simulation. During this time, you will not have access to simulator functionality. Please give yourself enough time in the practice mode to become familiar with the simulator functionality and any pre-work materials. If you are logged in before your live simulation time, the transition to the live simulation will occur automatically. Or, you can also choose to log on to app.pinsight.com at your exact start time.
You can expect to be busy and feel challenged. Such feelings are absolutely normal. However, following the best practices below will ensure that you are prepared so you are able to do your best and enjoy the Pinsight® virtual simulation.
PREPARE YOUR WORK STATION
Only use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Chromium-based Edge.
- Launch app.pinsight.com from these browsers and any links received via email.
- We do not support Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Use your computer or laptop only; do not use your smartphone or tablet.
Test your webcam, microphone, and speakers for a live role-play.
- Most computers have these directly integrated into the computer or you may use an external device. If you do not own these devices, please contact your representative.
- If you use an external monitor, please connect directly to your PC and/or Mac to ensure the camera works.
Have a good internet connection.
- A hard-wired connection is recommended.
- Log out of all other applications.
- Periodically refreshing your browser (Control F5 on a PC or Command R on a Mac) can help improve your computer’s performance.
- Also, rebooting your computer may help alleviate any potential issues.
Know how to maximize or minimize your screen resolution for easy reading.
- Hold down the Control button at the same time as either the + or – button. (Command + or – on a Mac). Hold down the Control button and 0 at the same time to reset the screen resolution to 100%.
A timer is in the top-right corner of the screen. During practice mode, check to see how much time you have left before your live simulation starts. During the live simulation, check to see how much time you have before the simulation ends.
PREPARE FOR THE ASSESSMENT
Complete the practice mode to rehearse how to respond to emails and place a test video call to your contacts.
- Read the documents in the Files section of the simulator. The business case in practice mode is the same as the live simulation.
The files cannot be downloaded or printed.
- Any original practice mode emails and any responses you send during practice mode will NOT be available during your live simulation.
- If you would like to take notes while preparing, please take hand-written notes or use your preferred word processing software.
You will receive emails containing information about specific tasks to complete and issues to address.
- Base all your decisions on the available information, address all issues fully in your email responses, live interactions, or voicemails before the simulation time expires.
- Emails are waiting in your Inbox at the beginning of the simulation; other emails will arrive during the simulation. Some emails may include attachments which provide you with additional information.
- Send emails or voicemails to colleagues by using the Contacts menu.
- Unfinished emails will automatically save.
- If you want to create documents, please use Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint found on your computer’s hard drive and attach the file to a simulation email and send.
Live Role-Play Calls:
You will receive video calls from fictitious characters during the live simulation.
- The calls will be recorded for scoring and research purposes.
- You will receive emails during the simulation providing you with more information. For the role-play times, see the Video Call Schedule document in your Files section.
- If the video calls do not connect, the callers will call you directly on the telephone number you provided, so have your phone close by.
Get 24/7 support at: https://www.pinsight.com/support